Skip to content
- Agricultural Hub
- Central facility that is dedicated to rural agriculture development and economic inclusiveness within the locality
- Desirable substances’ attribute that can prevent or slow damage to cells caused by unstable molecule produced by the body, commonly found in colorful fruits and vegetables.
- Bag in Box
- Plain flexible packaging with a nozzle, filled with 15L oil, inside a corrugated cardboard
- Renewable fuel (produced from vegetable oils, animal fats, waste cooking oil) as a substitute for diesel
- Plant with yellow flowers which seed is then extracted to produce low saturated cooking oil
- Provides food and drink at an event/gathering
- Crust Formation
- Food outer layer formed during frying process
- Extra virgin
- Olives are pressed to extract as much oil as possible, producing different tiers of quality. The first batch of oil that ‘s produced is “extra virgin”
- Filtration Solution
- Filter machine options used to filter used cooking oil from crumbs
- First Cold Pressed
- Crafted through cold press extraction to retain nutrients.
- Food Manufacturing
- Business engaged in making food from one or more ingredients
- Business that prepares fresh meals onsite for end-user, usually known as restaurants
- Fry Life
- Cooking oil life-span before it has to be replaced
- Frying Oil
- Cooking oil used for sauteing, pan-frying or deep-frying
- Generically Modified Organisms (GMO)
- Organisms in which the genetic material (DNA) has been altered unnaturally
- Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP)
- Internationally recognized method of identifying and managing food safety risk
- Heat Transfer
- The speed of heat flow in the oil while the oil is heated, higher heat transfer means less time taken to fry foods
- Jug In Box
- Firm plastic jug with a nozzle, filled with 15L oil, inside a corrugated cardboard
- Kingston Park
- A region in Gunbar in the Riverina Region, in central New South Wales.
- Oil Absorption
- Ratio of oil left in the fried food product
- Oil Stability
- Essential fats that help the function of all human body cells; ideal balance ratio of omega 3 and 6 is required
- Omega 3
- Essential fatty acids which the human body cannot create, therefore we need to get these from our diets. Omega 3 has been shown to keep our immune system healthy and may help lower the risk of heart disease. Foods with high omega 3 includes canola oil, fatty fish (e.g. salmon & anchovies), eggs, flaxseeds, walnuts and tofu.
- Omega 6
- Essential fats which the human body cannot create, therefore we need to get these from our diets. Omega 6, have been shown to play an important role in regulating our genes and promoting immune halth and blood clotthing.it plays an important role in the body. Foods with high omega 6 includes sunflower oils, soybeans, corns, nuts, seeds, meat and eggs.
- Paddock to Plate
- Term describing vertigally integrated monitored process from sourcing the canola seeds to the table.
- Natural compound found in plant that reduces blood cholesterol*
- Quick Service Restaurants (QSR)
- Restaurant which offer certain foods (usually fast food) with minimum preparation time
- Renewable Energy
- Clean energy which comes fron natural sources which wont depleted when used
- Riverina is an agricultural region of south-western New South Wales.
- Safe Quality Food (SQF)
- Industry well-recognized certification for food safety and quality
- Saturated Fat
- An unhealthy fats composed of hydrogen molecules that contain only single bonds between molecules.
- TPM Measurement
- Device used to determine the quality of cooking oils by measuring the total polar materials (TPM).
- Trans Fatty Acid
- Manufactured fats created during hydrogenation process (chemical reaction between molecular hydrogen) which may impact health.
- United Nation Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
- Organisation in over 190 countries which works to protect the rights of every child
- Waste Oil
- Waste generated as the result of cooking and frying food with vegetable oil
- Waste Solution
- Responsible and practical way of discarding waste oil